Bones wheels
npriscilla2
2006-02-09 03:33:13 UTC
I got Bones wheels for my Quads and took off like a rocket the first time I
stepped on the floor with them! I never realized I was working so hard to
jam with the others before! I highly recommend them.

Illinois roller
Mark
2006-02-09 15:14:18 UTC
Which Bones wheels? I have been thinking of getting some art/dance
wheels too but skate a variety of rinks and sessions. By the way I am
also an Illinois skater, live in Skokie (north of Chicago), I skate at
Coachlite, Aurora, Orbit, Funway, where do you skate?

Mark
Illinois roller
npriscilla2
2006-02-10 01:31:18 UTC
Hey! Illinois in the house! HAHA!
My wheels are 62mm Roller Bones. At least that's what they say on them.
I usually skate in Mossville at Peoria Palace (near Peoria), but will be at
Glenwood on Friday, March 10 with some of my other skating buddies. Do you
ever go there?
Illinois roller
Mark
2006-02-10 15:00:56 UTC
I am from the north suburbs, I go to a lot of rinks in the west
suburbs, but getting to the south suburbs requires driving 1.5 to 2hrs
thru the entire city (murder during rush hour which is anytime before
8pm in Chicago) thus I have never been there, bad enough driving an
hour to a rink! being an insane skater i must drive 10 hrs a week as it
is, but maybe i will make it down there sometime if skate buddies go.
There is a great used "LP" record store in Peoria i go to when i get
down there, one of my other hobbies. How do you like the "Bones", how
are they different from the speed wheels other than less effort?

Mark
Illinois roller
npriscilla2
2006-02-10 22:58:36 UTC
I can't say how these wheels compare to others as they are really the only
ones I have had in all my skating years. Sorry I can't help you there. I
understand about the distance thing - that's why I only get to Glenwood
about 3 or 4 times a year! I'm east of Peoria on I-74, so it takes us 2
hours to get to Glenwood. I looked up the web sites of some of the other
rinks you mentioned and they look cool - I may come check them out and stay
overnight nearby. Too long of a drive otherwise. Are all the Friday and
Saturday night sessions "adult only"? Or at least "experinced skaters"?

Norma
Illinois roller
Mark
2006-02-15 23:01:37 UTC
We go to Coachlite on Friday nights its a mixed crowd, but about 30-40
adults or about a fouth of the skaters, somewhat sticky floor. Main
thing is that most of the people there know how to skate and at least
half are on quads. jam skating big there. Saturday you can go to
coachlite with a lighter crowd or Orbit which is a BIG rink with a
mixed crowd for a change of pace expecually if you don't normally get
to skate a BIG rink, nice wood floor not sticky not slick. Sunday night
Funway is adults only but really only 20 year olds jam skating is big
there, cement floor with poly-coat very slick. they don't heat the
place much so dress warm, its like 50F in there, we call it Freezeway,
in fact we don't go there much any more. Monday nights Aurora adults
only with live oragist who plays for the Black Hawks, awesome!, great
older (over 50yr olds who KNOW how to skate!, i feel very young there
and i am 45!) roller skate dancers, best (wood) floor i know of these
days.

Hope that helps!

Mark